Posted on September 8, 2011 5:47 pm

Licensed Residential Services

Far Northern Regional Center vendors a number of different residential services. Included are facilities licensed by the State Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing (CCL) and the State Department of Public Health, Health Care Licensing. The CCL facilities include Foster Homes, Group Homes for Children, Adult Residential Facilities and Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly. CCL facilities are funded for basic services by the individual’s Supplemental Security Income (SSI)/Social Security and for supplemental training by the regional center. Level 1 services are funded at the basic rate. Level 2 services are provided to individuals who need minimal training. Level 3 services are provided for individuals who have serious deficits in self-care and/or behaviors. Level 4 services are provided for individuals who have severe deficits in self-care and/or behaviors. The Health Care Licensed facilities, funded by Medi-Cal, are Intermediate Care Facilities, Developmentally Disabled, Habilitation and Intermediate Care Facilities, Developmentally Disabled, Nursing.


If you’re interested in becoming a vendor of residential services, please follow the steps below to learn about the process:

1. Read the Quick Reference Guide

2. Read about the Vendor License Process

3. Read about the Steps For Becoming A Residential Vendor

4. Submit an Inquiry Form

Residential Care Expectations

In concert with its Mission Statement and Vision Statement, Far Northern Regional Center promotes the idea that consumers and where appropriate, their legal guardians or conservators, direct decisions made about their own lives, including where and with whom they shall live. Individuals with developmental disabilities have more options in this regard than ever before and new frontiers of self-determination and possibility are ever expanding! [Read More]…

Consumer Cash Resources Handbook

The FNRC Consumer Cash Resources Handbook for Residential, Adult Day, and ICF service providers is available from this link: Consumer Cash Resources Handbook.

More Information

For additional information about vendorization and rates, types of facilities, and training programs, please visit the Department of Developmental Services’ Vendor and Provider Information pages.

Talking Web Page