The RAINBOW network is a collaboration of the RAINBOW Family Support and Resource Centers. They serve high-risk, developmentally delayed and disabled children and their families in Lassen, Modoc, Plumas and Sierra counties.
R.A.I.N.B.O.W. Family Support and Resource Network Services Include:
- Support Groups
- Parent to Parent Support Lending library of videos, tapes and publications
- Assistance in obtaining services and resources from local, regional and national agencies
- Information on various disabilities
- Parent Network Express, a free newsletter for parents of children with special needs
- 24 Hour WARMLINE: 1-800-537-TALK
For more information: call the toll free number above, or in the Susanville area call (530) 251-2417. R.A.I.N.B.O.W. is a program of the Lassen County Office of Education, 336 Alexander Avenue, Susanville, CA 96130.
A Parent's View
"Just as there are many different colors and shades which comprise a rainbow, so are there many different children and families which comprise our world.
Each color, like each child, radiates its own special intensity and light. However, it is only with the contribution of all the colors that the magic of the rainbow is born.
To those families who have just begun or those who have already weathered the storm of challenges a special needs child offers, the rainbow provides a ray of hope and the chance of discovering the valuable treasure of its end… Our Children."
Janet Canty, Parent
Talking Web Page