Updated: 12/7/18 @ 08:32
** The Camp Fire Disaster Recovery Center (formerly Local Assistance Center) opened Friday, November 16, at the Chico Mall (former Sears Building) -1982 E. 20th Street, Chico, CA 95928. The Center will be open daily from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
The Center will have all the federal, state, and local agencies residents and businesses need to move forward. All residents and businesses impacted can go to www.disasterassistance.gov and register right away. Registration with FEMA can be also done by calling (800) 621-FEMA (3362). – From www.paradiserecovers.org
- Butte College – Chico Center Open 9a-1p on Tues-Fri. | Computer, food, & charging stations
- Dept. of Social Services | Cash aide assistance
- El Tapatio Taco Truck – 1359 Longfellow Ave., Chico | Free meal each day evacuee shows up.
- Little Chico Creek Elementary – 2090 Amanda Way, Chico | Free Breakfast/Lunch Ends 11/21. Times: 7:30-8:30am & 11:30-12:30pm. Anyone under 18.
- Neighborhood Church (Red Cross) – (530) 343-6006 | Breakfast 8am, Lunch 12n & Dinner 5pm for checked in evacuees.
- PV Baptist Church – (530) 343-0555 13539 Garner Lane, Chico | Breakfast 8:30am; Lunch 12:15pm & Dinner 5:30pm
- Tacos el Pinolero Taco Truck | Free meal @ both Chico locations (No. Esplanade & Park Ave.)
- Walmart Parking Lot | Many food vendors
- East Avenue Church – 1184 East Avenue Chico, CA 95928 | Capacity 130, Population 130 FULL
- Silver Dollar Fairgrounds – 2357 Fair Street, Chico, CA 95928 | Capacity 620, Population 317
- Glenn County Fairgrounds – 221 E Yolo Street, Orland, CA 95963 | Capacity 450, Population 33
- Yuba Sutter Fairgrounds – 442 Franklin Ave. Yuba City, CA | Capacity 380, Population 54
- Shasta Garden Apartments – 266 E. Shasta St. Orland CA 95963 (530) 865-9805
- Newport Village – 1101 Newport Ave. Orland CA 95963 (530) 865-4289
- Paigewood Village – 745 Paigewood Dr. Orland CA 95963 (844) 211-6485
- CHIP – Contact Info | CHIP has been contacted and they are working on how they can best support people in the fastest way possible. Contact them for further details.
- California Health Alert Network Advisory – https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/OPA/Pages/NR18-056.aspx
- The Red Cross – Neighborhood Church in Chico, 2801 Notre Dame Blvd | free N-95 masks
- ServPro- 775 Entler Ave, Chico | free N-95 Masks 8am-5pm until they run out!
- The Medicine Shop – 812 5th Street, Marysville| free N-95 masks Open Mon-Fri 9-6, Sat 10-1
- New Earth Market – 864 East Avenue, Chico (530) 891-9355 | free N-95 masks
- Royal Aire– 2530 Zanella Way, Chico | free air filter exchange for ALL Butte County residents
- Highway Motors- 2961 Hwy 32 #71, Chico | Free replacement of cabin air and engine air filters for fire evacuees- by appt only (530) 895-5555
ANIMAL SHELTER/ MEDICAL INFORMATION
When evacuating, take your animals with you. Make sure to bring water, food, bedding, and any containment devices necessary. If you are unable to take large animals, leave them in open pastures and leave food out. DO NOT lock them up in a barn.
Contact North Valley Animal Disaster Group at (530) 895-0000 to report lost pets.
ANIMAL SHELTERS FOR LARGE ANIMALS
Large animals evacuated due to the Camp Fire can be taken to the Butte County Fairgrounds, 199 E Hazel St, Gridley, CA 95948
ANIMAL SHELTERS FOR SMALL ANIMALS
The Old County Hospital at 2279 Del Oro and Mono, Suite E **FULL**
The Chico Municipal Airport (150 Airpark Blvd, Chico, CA 95973)
VETERINARY SERVICES / PET SUPPLIES
Butte Humane Society– Our Pet Food & Supply Pantry (located at 1356 Longfellow Avenue in Chico) is open EVERY DAY from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Anyone who was evacuated or is hosting evacuees is more than welcome to come down and get the supplies they need for their pets.
Wags and Whiskers- Pet supplies and snacks. 2156 Pillsbury #155, Chico, California 95926 (530) 895-8888 M-F 1-5pm , Sat/Sun 12-4pm
COMMUNITY PARKS – Trailers & RV’s
- 20th Street Community Park – Chico E. 20th Street & Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- DeGarmo Park – Esplanade & Eaton Road
No sites in Chico accepting clothing donations @ this time (as of 11/12 @ 10:45am)
- ARC | $75 worth of clothing w/Paradise ID
- Big Lots Parking Lot | daily donations coming in from Sacramento
- Chico Walmart Parking Lot
- Elks Lodge
- Goodwill | $75 worth of clothing w/Paradise ID
- Lulu’s | $100 in clothing w/proof of address
- JC Penney’s
- Pep Boys Parking Lot – 1555 Mangrove Ave., Chico
- Stage Coach Antiques – Durham
- Toys-R-Us parking lot – 1919 E 20th St, Chico, CA 95928 | Toiletries, clothing (new/gently used), blankets, and food
- Thrifty Bargain | $25 worth of clothing w/Paradise ID
- American Cancer Society Shop – East Avenue | Up to 8 pieces of clothes /person/day
- B-Line – FREE rides to anyone through Nov. B-Line Transit Facebook Page
- Chico Eye Center – 605 W East Ave, Chico, CA 95926 | Free bottle of lubricating eye drops. No appt. necessary. Not required to be a patient.
- Feather River Patient Hotline – (530) 872-2000 | Individuals can call the hotline if you are trying to find out information about a patient or have questions about medication refills.
- Shield HealthCare – (800) 210-7153 | Free supplies to customers and non-customers
- California Health & Wellness – General medical care
- Medi-Cal Card Replacement Fact Sheet
- Feather River Health Ctr – Fax URGENT to White Memorial Med. Ctr (F# 323-881-8742) | Records retrieval
- Mangrove Medical Group – (530) 345-0064 | Will see anyone regardless if they’re a current patient
- Trauma Recovery Network – https://norcal-emdr-trn.weebly.com/
- Chico Pediatrics – (530) 343-8522 670 Rio Lindo Ave #300, Chico, CA 95926
- Elks Lodge – (530) 343-1431 1705 Manzanita Ave, Chico, CA 95926
- PV Rec Center – 2320 North Ave., Chico. Form to fill out. Web: http://eepurl.com/cYrt79.
- KidsPark – (530) 894-6800 | Ages 2-12. 1/2 OFF for evacuees & FREE lunch
- Valley Oak – (530) 533-9622 | “Business as usual”. Call ASAP (spots fill)
- Oroville YMCA Free Camp – (530) 533-9622 Breann Hastain | Bring lunch. Morning & afternoon snacks. Ages 3½ & Up (won’t change diapers/pullups). 11/19-11/21 @ 7:30a-5:30p. Available for day camp & child care for Evacuees throughout the holiday season.
Shield will deliver supplies to either Chico Post Office (Vallombrosa or W. 5th St.). Clients need to call Shield for the procedure. They can deliver to hotels or FNRC, if needed.
- Project SAVE – Janice Walker – (530) 680-5974 or (530) 891-4001 www.chicoprojectsave.org | Getting lots of donations | have a variety of equipment.
- Bartlett’s Hearing Center – (530) 343-2350 | They’ll send reps. to shelter to clean hearing aids & batteries
- FEMA Individual Disaster Assistance – https://www.fema.gov/individual-disaster-assistance
- Butte County Assessor – Application for Reassessment (Calamity)
- 2-1-1 – For disaster resource info, call 2-1-1 or text your zip code to 898211
- https://paradiserecovers.org/ | Fire response and recovery information for residents of Paradise, Calif.
- On-Stop Employment | Immediate employment services for fire victims
- Goodwill | Show ID and proof that you fled from your home (like vehicle registration) and the manager at ANY Goodwill will give you blankets, clothes, and toiletries
- New Life Church – 965 Grand Ave, Oroville, CA | Free Showers
- Cost Plus World Market – Dr. Martin Luther King Parkway | 25% off to evacuees through April
FREE/LOW COST FUN THINGS TO DO
- Cal Skate | FREE days & 1/2 OFF days
- Chico Creek Nature Center
- Disability Action Center | science activities for kids at Camp Fire shelters flyer
- North Valley Community Foundation – relief fund
- American Red Cross Monetary donations 1-800-RED-CROSS
- Butte Humane Society Amazon wishlist
- Chico Walmart All donations
- Oroville Hope Center Drop Off: 2850 Feather River Blvd., Oroville
- Ready to eat single serve foods
- clean socks
- toilet paper
- clean/new undergarments
- hand sanitizer
- camper gear
- individual toiletries (soap, shampoo, razors, toothbrush, toothpaste)
- over the counter meds (cold, Tylenol, Ibuprofen)
- Oroville Municipal Auditorium – 1200 Myers St. Need: non-perishable items delivered there.
- Presbyterian Church – Only gift cards
- Salvation Arm Distribution Center – 1100 Marauder Street, Chico 10a.m. – 6p.m. Monday-Saturday.
- hygiene items
- cleaning supplies
- diaper/baby wipes
- non-perishable foods
- frozen turkeys
- new toys for Christmas
- monetary gifts.
- Used goods will not be accepted.
- United Way of Northern California (UWNC) – Text BUTTEFIRE to 91999 for monetary donations.
- Chico Area Babywearing – 1145 El Monte Ave, Chico
- They are asking for new children’s face masks
- clothing size newborn – 5t
- infant/toddler shoes
- diapers (sanitized cloth or new disposables)
- maternity wear
- unopened baby food and formula
- small portable toys
- Meek’s Lumber – 1100 E. 20th Street, Chico
- non-perishable foods
- baby wipes
- new socks and blankets
- Clothes are not accepted.
- Visit this page to view current USPS news on closures. https://about.usps.com/news/state-releases/ca/ca.htm