A Future Including Employment:
FNRC is collaborating with Transcen to put on a Family Engagement Workshop. This is a training to learn tools to improve employment opportunities and engage families in the idea that employment is available to everyone, regardless of disability. There are two different training sessions available for participants to take part in. Please view the flyer containing the details and Eventbrite link as registration is required due to capacity limitations.
• Wednesday 1/24/24 12:15-4pm: Workshop for teachers, agency personnel, and other professionals who support students with disabilities. For additional information on this workshop session click here.
• Wednesday 1/24/24 5:15-8pm: Workshop for individuals and their families to empower them to explore and be open to employment. For additional information on this workshop session click here.
Learn skills to overcome fears and apprehensions about competitive employment and build skills to find opportunities in your community. Some topics covered include:
- Why is employment important for young adults with disabilities?
- What types of community supports are available?
- What are the strategies for preparing youth for real work?
- How does a person work and keep their SSI/SSDI?
- What’s the next step for me?
Imagine the Possibilities Parent
- Imagine the Possibilities Parent Training Slides
- Imagine the Possibilities Training Presenter Notes
- Imagine the Possibilities Session Worksheet
- Blank Positive Personal Profile
- Blank Charting the LifeCourse Trajectory
For more information about Transcen, please visit their website: https://www.transcen.org/