Long-Term Support Services (LTSS) Resources
LTSS are especially important after the parent or caregiver is no longer able to provide support.
LTSS Personal Support Networks can help a person with ID/DD to lead a good life as independently as possible.
- The Arc’s Center for Future Planning https://thearc.org/our-initiatives/future-planning/
- Who Are You?
- Where to Start?
- American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AAIDD). Caring at the End of Life https://www.aaidd.org/news-policy/policy/position-statements/caring-at-the-end-of-life
- California and Local
- Passages. Chico. https://www.passagescenter.org/
- End of Life Care Planning https://oag.ca.gov/consumers/general/care
- California Coalition for Compassionate Care is a statewide collaborative of more than 50 organizations representing healthcare providers, consumers and state agencies committed to improving end-of-life care for Californians. http://www.coalitionccc.org/
- NIA National Institute on Aging
- End of Life https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/end-of-life
- Getting Your Affairs in Order https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/getting-your-affairs-order
- CDC Centers for Disease Control
- Advance Care Planning https://www.cdc.gov/aging/pdf/acp-resources-public.pdf
- Advance Care Planning https://www.cdc.gov/aging/pdf/advanced-care-planning-critical-issue-brief.pdf
- Advance Care Planning Course https://www.cdc.gov/aging/advancecareplanning/care-planning-course.htm
- Give Peace of Mind: Advance Care Planning https://www.cdc.gov/aging/advancecareplanning/index.htm
- Hospice Foundation of America https://hospicefoundation.org/Hospice-Care/Starting-the-Conversation
- CaringInfo – National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization www.caringinfo.org
- Administration for Community Living (ACL)