“Self-determination” means a voluntary delivery system consisting of a defined and comprehensive mix of services and supports, selected and directed by a participant through person-centered planning, in order to meet the objectives in his or her IPP. Self-determination services and supports are designed to assist the participant to achieve personally defined outcomes in community settings that promote inclusion. The Self-Determination Program shall only fund services and supports provided pursuant to this division that the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services determines are eligible for federal financial participation.
Join us for discussions on the Self-Determination Program at our next committee meeting. Be part of the planning of new delivery of services and provide input of how you would like to see the program develop. Please share with us your ideas to better shape the program moving forward. The next Self-Determination Advisory Committee meeting will be held in Chico, CA:
Time: 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Where: FNRC Chico Office – B-4 Conference Room
1367 East Lassen Avenue, Chico, CA
Phone: (530) 895.8633
The following is an excerpt from the State of California Welfare and Institutions Code, Section 4685.8: Each regional center shall establish a local volunteer advisory committee to provide oversight of the Self-Determination Program. The regional center and the State Council on Developmental Disabilities shall each appoint one-half of the membership of the committee. The committee shall consist of the regional center clients’ rights advocate, consumers, family members, and other advocates, and community leaders. A majority of the committee shall be consumers and their family members. The committee shall reflect the multicultural diversity and geographic profile of the catchment area. The committee shall review the development and ongoing progress of the Self-Determination Program, including whether the program advances the principles of self-determination and is operating consistent with the requirements of this section, and may make ongoing recommendations for improvement to the regional center and the department.
- Self-Determination Advisory Committee.2019.03.15.minutes
- Self-Determination Advisory Committee.2019.01.15.minutes
- Self-Determination Advisory Committee.2018.04.06.minutes
- Self-Determination Advisory Committee.2018.02.02.minutes
- Self-Determination Advisory Committee.2017.12.01.minutes
- Self-Determination Advisory Committee.2016.08.minutes
- Self-Determination Advisory Committee.2016.06.minutes
- Self-Determination Advisory Committee.minutes.2015.09.18
- Self-Determination Advisory Committee.minutes.2015.06.12
- Self-Determination Advisory Committee.2019.05.03.agenda
- Self-Determination Advisory Committee.2018.09.07.agenda
- Self-Determination Advisory Committee.2018.06.15.agenda (002)
- Self-Determination Advisory Committee.2018.04.06.agenda
- Self-Determination Advisory Committee.2016.08.12.agenda.AMENDED
- Self-Determination Advisory Committee.2016.06.agenda
- Self-Determination Advisory Committee.2015.09.agenda
- Self-Determination Advisory Committee.2015.06.agenda