Exciting news! I am proud to announce a new special awards recognition program “Celebration of Heroes,” that covers all nine counties covered by Far Northern Regional Center. This program will be recognizing people who make a difference all throughout the year.
March 15th, Celebration of Heroes program is going to be officially accepting nominations. So here is what you need to know. For information you can visit the Celebration of Heroes Webpage. From there you can fill the nomination form and submit your request/nominee. For those of you who prefer to use the regular mail you can mail your nomination to Far Northern Regional Center, P.O. Box 492418, Redding CA, 96049.
Once you have the nomination form the next step is to review our list of categories. Let’s discuss what you have to choose from. Our categories include:
- Every Day Hero – Humble acts of kindness
- Cultural Hero- Honoring diverse communities, traditions and values
- Superhero – Over and above – beyond ordinary
- Team Hero – Group that inspires inclusion daily
- Advocacy Hero – Empowers individuals to use their voice
- Barrier Buster Hero – Overcoming challenges to improve quality of life
Once you have chosen your category it is time to share why you feel your Hero should be recognized. Some of the criteria used in deciding will be in what this person does to promote inclusion, diversity and fairness for all.
It has been through challenges and hard times that we truly see people step up to the plate and make a difference. Here is our chance to celebrate those heroes we all know and will now get to know who make a positive difference across the entire North State.