4-Day Virtual Person-Centered Thinking Skills Training – Oct
October 25 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$65
4-Day Virtual Person-Centered Thinking Skills Training will be offered in October as follows:
10/17/22, 9am-11:30am & 1pm-4pm
10/25/22, 9am-12pm; 1:30pm-4:00pm
This training teaches participants to use Person-Centered Thinking Skills to help the individuals they support to achieve positive control of their lives; support individuals to be valued members of their community and seeks to support individuals in a web of both natural and paid supports within their community. This training serves as a foundation for everyone who is involved in supporting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Implementation of person-centered plans is more likely where staff have participated in this training.
This training consists of exercises where the participants acquire basic person centered thinking skills such as:
- The importance of being listened to and the effects of having no positive control
- The role of daily rituals and routines
- How to discover what is important to people
- How to sort what is important for people from what is important to them
- How to respectfully address significant issues of health or safety while supporting choice
- How to develop goals that help people get more of what is important to them while addressing issues of health and safety
Seating is limited and pre-registration is required. The cost is $65.00 and includes all training materials.
12 CEUs are offered. Attendance all 4 days is mandatory; no refunds are available for missed days.
CEU certificates will be e-mailed after the training to the e-mail address you use when registering.