- This event has passed.
Person Centered Thinking Skills Training
March 3 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
One event on March 4, 2020 at 9:00 am
Person Centered Practices support individuals in achieving positive control of their lives; support individuals with disabilities as valued members of their community and seeks to support individuals in a web of both natural and paid supports within their community. The training in person centered thinking is recommended for all paid staff regardless of their role. It serves as a foundation for everyone who is involved in supporting people with significant disabilities. Implementation of person centered plans is more likely where staff have participated in this training.
This training consists of 2 days of exercises where the participants acquire basic person centered thinking skills such as:
- The importance of being listened to and the effects of having no positive control
- The role of daily rituals and routines
- How to discover what is important to people
- How to sort what is important for people from what is important to them
- How to respectfully address significant issues of health or safety while supporting choice
- How to develop goals that help people get more of what is important to them while addressing issues of health and safety
Seating is limited and pre-registration is required
12 CEUs are offered, to earn CEUs participants must attend both days of training.
CEU certificates will be e-mailed after the training to the e-mail address you use when registering.
Questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org