- This event has passed.
Person Centered Thinking Skills – IF Day 1 & 2 (required)
June 13 @ 9:00 am - June 14 @ 4:00 pm$65
Person Centered Practices support individuals in achieving positive control of their lives; support individuals with disabilities as valued members of their community and seeks to support individuals in a web of both natural and paid supports within their community. The training in person centered thinking is recommended for all paid staff regardless of their role. It serves as a foundation for everyone who is involved in supporting people with significant disabilities. Implementation of person centered plans is more likely where staff have participated in this training.
*Please note this is the same curriculum that has been presented in the prior 2017-18 PCT trainings.
This training consists of 2 days of exercises where the participants acquire basic person centered thinking skills such as:
- The importance of being listened to and the effects of having no positive control
- The role of daily rituals and routines
- How to discover what is important to people
- How to sort what is important for people from what is important to them
- How to respectfully address significant issues of health or safety while supporting choice
- How to develop goals that help people get more of what is important to them while addressing issues of health and safety
Seating is limited and pre-registration is required
12 CEUs are offered, to earn CEUs participants must attend both days of training.
CEU certificates will be e-mailed after the training to the e-mail address you use when registering.
Questions, please contact email@example.com