** 12/31/18 Update **
Billing procedures have returned to normal. State of Emergency billing guidelines are no longer in affect. View the memo
** 12/13/18 Update **
State of Emergency Billing Guidelines – December 2018
** 12/5/18 Update **
Laura Larson, Executive Director of FNRC, has issued another update regarding the Camp Fire. “Look Well to the Growing Edge” -Howard Thurman
** 11/27/18 Update **
If you are eligible for Transitional Sheltering Assistance through FEMA, you can use the following link to help identify participating hotels or motels.
** 11/21/18 Update **
Update on Our Situation from Laura Larson:
It is the day before Thanksgiving. I am grateful for the gift of life, I am grateful for our disability community in the State of California who has shown such generous support of our FNRC community.
We know where all of our clients are. They are displaced, but safe. They are so remarkable. I saw a person I am very fond of in our waiting room yesterday. I knew he had lost his home and was staying with his parents. I said, “I am so sorry you lost your home, and I am so happy you are safe”. He then asked me how I was, was I ok? These generous hearts. I asked him what he lost that made him the saddest. He said with tears in his eyes, “my ET collection”. Rest assured that I made my way to EBay to look for ET collectables. With your support his holiday will be rich with ET.
We are working to keep us all together, we are working with FEMA to access housing, and we will work with the community to plan for rapid housing development. This is a caring community, thank you. Our regional center neighbors have opened their Centers to us offering us help and placement where needed. We are grateful.
Enjoy this season of thanksgiving, and I will update you next week on our on-going progress.
Thank you for your prayers, giving and love. Laura Larson, Director
** 11/20/18 Update **
– Thank you to everyone who has donated to provide assistance to the people we serve! We have been overwhelmed by your willingness to help during this demanding time. The first portion of the funds have become available so that gift cards and other items for assistance can begin to be purchased. Thank you to everyone!
** 11/19/18 Update **
– The 2018 Camp Fire Fund has reached over $16,000 of it’s $20,000 goal! If you want to donate, please visit our GoFundMe page using the widget on the right.
– Our Associate Director of Administration has posted new State of Emergency Billing Guidelines for our Service Providers.
– Free massages! Today DOZENS of Massage Therapists from Massage Envy locations all over the Sacramento area are in Chico to provide FREE MASSAGES for all first responders & evacuees. Ramada Inn (685 Manzanita Ct ) & Best Western Heritage Inn (25 Heritage Ln.) have donated their indoor event space for this!
** 11/16/18 Update **
– From www.paradiserecovers.org – The Camp Fire Disaster Recovery Center (formerly Local Assistance Center) opens today, Friday November 16, at the Chico Mall (former Sears Building) -1982 E. 20th Street, Chico, CA 95928. The Center will be open daily from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
The Center will have all the federal, state, and local agencies residents and businesses need to move forward. All residents and businesses impacted can go to www.disasterassistance.gov and register right away. Registration with FEMA can be also done by calling (800) 621-FEMA (3362).
– We have obtained another document containing many great resources for evacuees. In addition to our own compiled list, you can view this additional document.
** 11/15/18 Update **
Update from our Executive Director, Laura Larson (11/15/18). Read it here.
USPS has several Post Office closures. Be sure to follow their news about closures and reopenings by going to https://about.usps.com/news/state-releases/ca/ca.htm
The 2018 Camp Fire Fund has reached $2.500 of it’s $20,000 goal! If you want to donate, please visit our GoFundMe page at https://www.gofundme.com/fnrc-2018-camp-fire-fund
** 11/14/18 Update **
We’ve compiled a list of resources for Camp Fire evacuees as well as where you can take donations and what they’re needing. You can find that list here.
** 11/13/18 Update **
We have set up a GoFundMe account and are accepting donations to get immediate help for the adults and families we serve. As you know many of the people who receive Far Northern services have additional support needs outside of the normal scope of emergency services.
Several hundred of our clients live independently and have been evacuated. Many of them do not have family, or insurance to help them during this devastating time. We are asking for additional funds to assist with housing, food, clothing and immediate needs.
All money donated to this fund will go to assist people with developmental disabilities impacted by the fires in Paradise, Magalia and the surrounding areas.
** 11/12/18 Update **
Butte County Map of Structures Impacted by the Camp Fire
Butte County has posted a map displaying the status of structures impacted by the Camp Fire. You can view the map here.
Butte County WAP and Day Programs closed the week of 11/12
Correction: SLS and ILS should continue to provide services.
All Butte County Work Activity Programs (WAP), and Day Programs should remain closed for the week of 11/12.
We ask that the Directors of Butte County SLS, ILS, WAP, and Day Program agencies, or their designee, plan to attend a meeting on Wednesday, 11/14 at 10:00am at the Far Northern Regional Center Chico Office.
** Original Post 11/9/18 **
Please see this site the following link at KRCR TV to view current updates and evacuation sites. https://krcrtv.com/news/butte-county/camp-fire-evacuation-information-what-you-need-to-know
You may also search open evacuation centers at the following link: https://www.redcross.org/get-help/disaster-relief-and-recovery-services/find-an-open-shelter.html
If you can, please check yourself in as safe on the Red Cross Safe and Well site. If you are a family member you may also look on this site to see if your family member has checked in.
All representative payee checks for any clients who lived in Paradise or Magalia will be mailed to the FNRC Chico Office. Please bring your ID in order to pick up the checks.