Governor Newsom has declared a state of emergency to allow for additional resources and coordination to take place because of the COVID-19 outbreak. In response to this declaration, the Department of Developmental Services (DDS) has done the following:
- DDS has authorized Regional Centers to pay vendors for absences that are the direct result of the COVID-19 outbreak in California. We will be releasing guidance on our website that is more specific for providers shortly.
- DDS has directed Regional Centers to ensure consumers who have compromised immune systems or who are more susceptible to respiratory illness, and/or who reside in the following home types, remain home rather than attend day services outside the home:
- Adult Residential Facilities for Persons with Special Health Care Needs
- Intermediate Care Facilities/Developmentally Disabled-Nursing
- Intermediate Care Facilities/Developmentally Disabled-Continuous Nursing
- DDS has provided a directive that Regional Centers may, under certain circumstances and at family request, conduct Early Start evaluation, assessment and coordination activities by remote electronic communications. DDS has also waived the requirement, under certain circumstances and at consumer request, for in-person attendance at an Individual Program Plan meeting or other meetings related to delivery of services.
All directives may be found here.