This email comes out hoping you all are doing well. I wanted to share some resources as you plan during the Coronavirus Crisis.
Please make sure you know how to contact the following:
- Resident’s medical provider
- Local public health department
Linked is a template for the Personal Emergency Plan that The California Health & Human Services Agency has created for people with access and functional needs.
This plan discusses
- What is needed for hospitalization
- What is need for transportation
- What to share with EMT
- How to create a “grab and go bag”
- Shelter checklist
Attached are copies of the following:
- The COVID-19 Preparedness Checklist for Nursing Homes and Other Long-Term Care Settings
- Guidance for long-term care facilities – developed by CDC (pdf attached)
- Infection Control in Residential Facilities – released By Community Care Licensing
- Guidance for Independent Living Facilities and Retirement Communities (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/retirement/guidance-retirement-response.html)
- Strategies for optimizing the use of personal protective equipment https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/ppe-strategy/
The Self-Advocacy and Resource Technical Assistance Center (SARTAC) developed an easy to read Coronavirus booklet to help teach individuals with developmental disabilities about coronavirus
Please know that we are navigating this crisis with you and hope these materials will be helpful.