** For the most recent information on COVID-19 testing, please visit this page
Original article below as published on 5/27/20
NEW Information about Testing Sites
- Siskiyou County: beginning May 26th, Fairchild Medical Center is offering testing to local essential workers. Please call 530-841-6287 to schedule an appointment. Mountain Valleys Health Centers is hosting drive-up testing. For information, call 530-999-9010.
- Plumas County: can request testing by calling 530-283-5640 and ask for the “COVID-19 Nurse line”. Those meeting criteria will be directed to a drive through testing site in Quincy, CA.
- Trinity County: due to lack of testing swabs, testing is only available at the Trinity Hospital, and only for those with severe symptoms.
- Lassen County: now has 4 new active cases of COVID-19. To schedule an appointment, go to lassencares.org, scroll down and click the “Register Here” button.
- Modoc County: residents must contact their primary care physician for an order. Testing is then done at Modoc Medical Center or Surprise Valley Healthcare.
- Glenn County: those who are established patients at Ampla, Glenn Medical Center, or Northern Valley Indian Health can call those clinics for a testing appointment performed at their site. Otherwise, they will need to schedule a test with one of the OptumServe sites, Chico and Corning being the closest locations.
Optum Serve Sites-by appointment only
Appointments can be scheduled through the OptumServe online portal: https://lhi.care/covidtesting
- Shasta County
11555 Old Oregon Trail Redding, CA
Available Monday-Friday, between 8AM and 5PM
- Butte County
Silver Dollar Fairgrounds, 2357 Fair St, Chico, CA 95928
Available Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM – 7:00PM