The Department of Developmental Services (DDS) has issued a new Directive regarding the reporting of special incidences related to COVID-19. This Directive supersedes any previous training or correspondence provided by FNRC. The Directive calls for regional centers and all providers to complete a special incident report (SIR) for any of the following events, even if the incident does not otherwise meet California Code of Regulations, Title 17 reporting:
- An individual has had direct contact with any person who has tested positive for COVID-19, including provider staff, family, and other individuals
- An individual is exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms and has visited a hospital for any related symptoms or has been tested for COVID-19
- An individual was recommended to be tested for COVID-19
- An individual tested positive for COVID-19
- An individual is exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms and was instructed to quarantine.
Therap has been updated to report COVID-19 incidents. We would encourage all providers to share as many details that are available in your SIRs and note that Service Coordinators will be contacting you for follow up information to transmit to DDS.
If you have questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-215-2519