Request For Proposal (RFP) Overview
A Request for Proposal (RFP) may be used when FNRC determines there is a need for specific services for individuals with developmental disabilities served by the Regional Center. The needed services are identified in the RFP project announcement of start-up funding availability. FNRC may elect to fund all, part, or none of the project depending upon funding availability as approved by the Department of Developmental Services (DDS), and the quality of proposals received; and pending the approval of the project as written.
Each RFP describes the service concept and start-up funding availability (if any). The brief description is not intended to limit the types of proposals considered to serve the identified populations.
A RFP does not commit FNRC to award a contract, to pay any cost incurred in the preparation of the proposal, to contract in response to the RFP, or to procure or contract for services or supplies.
The values that FNRC uses to determine quality services should be connected to the RFP proposal in defining service expectations for the project. Innovative, person-centered service delivery models are encouraged.
Upcoming Fiscal Year 2022-23 Community Resource Development Plan:
Far Northern Regional Center (FNRC) would like to hear from you about the types of services and supports to meet current and future needs of individuals and families in the community. The collection of data will be considered for new program development as part of FNRC’s Community Resource Development Plan (CRDP) for fiscal year ‘22/’23 planning.
Please Take the CDRP Survey (opening soon).
Community Resource Development Plan FY ‘21/’22 Identified Priorities for Development
Based on community input, ‘21/’22 CRDP Community Surveys, and unmet needs identified through the Individual Program Plan (IPP) process, FNRC has developed the following priorities for the creation of the Fiscal Year 2021-22 Community Resource Development Plan.
- Spanish speaking individuals to complete Person-Centered Planning and promote access for Self Determination Program
- Behavioral training and technical support for service providers
- Recruitment of therapists and interventionists to increase Early Start programs
- Day programming support to improve quality and availability of services
- Transportation to increase opportunities for community integrated employment for rural catchment areas
- Residential development
DDS Approved FY ‘21/’22 Community Resource Development Plan
FNRC is pleased to announce that our FY 21/22 CPP/CRDP has been approved by DDS to award Startup Funds for the below projects. Project awards that exceed $55K will be awarded using a Request for Proposal (RFP). *Please see RFP announcement for award amounts and deadline.
- Project 2122-1: “Continued” funds for renovation for CCH Development
- Project 2122-3: Development of Spanish-language Person Centered Planners: *(Download PDF to view RFP) ** Deadline extended to 5/31/22
- Project 2122-4: Behavioral training and technical support for service providers
- Project 2122-5: Consultant to increase Early Start Providers: *(Download PDF to view RFP ) ** Deadline extended to 5/31/22
- Project 2122-6: Consultant to improve day program quality and development: *(Download PDF to view RFP) ** Deadline extended to 5/31/22
- Project 2122-7: Develop transportation service in rural area **expired
- Project 2122 8: “Continued” funds for residential program development
For more detailed information regarding RFP submission, please read the following documents and view the related forms:
- Request For Proposals (Detailed Overview)
- Form 250 – Financial Statement
- Form 251 – Start Up Cost Statement Instructions
- Form 252 – Monthly Operating Cost Statement
- Policy 3004 – Guidelines For the Use of Regional Center Funds
On-Going Identified Resource Needs
Far Northern Regional Center has identified on-going resource needs to serve our community. Development of on-going resources and vendorization of services typically do not require the use of a RFP. Projects requiring the use of the RFP process include Start-Up awards, approved by DDS, in excess of $55K and the development of new Family Home Agency’s (FHA). The following are identified as on-going resource needs:
- Family Home Agency (south counties): *(Download PDF to view RFP)
- Early Start Therapeutic service providers e.g. SLP, OT, PT (all counties) *(Download PDF to view needs for new vendors)
You may view previously awarded RFPs here.